You can hover over the below menu tab that reads “Categories” to segment events specific to your selection OR refer to the color key below:
Golden Ages (Senior Events)
Volunteers, whether individuals, families or groups, help restore our natural areas. Students can earn service hours, and everyone earns a great sense of fulfillment. Children not yet in High School must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times. Activities may include trail maintenance, invasive plant species removal, seeding or planting. All tools and training provided. New faces welcome! NOTE: Dress for the weather – most work is done outdoors. When the temperature is below 10 degrees F, the workday will be cancelled.
Registration required. Questions? Please call the Nature Center at 312-744-5472.
Take an afternoon away to enjoy a play and stroll through some wilderness, not too far off the beaten path. Theatre Hikes will take you on a journey to another time and place for an afternoon, all you need is your imagination. Bring a blanket or camping chair and water bottle. Registration required.
A Midsummer Night’s Dream
All programs require registration unless stated otherwise. Please register for programs by calling the Nature Center at 312-744-5472.
* If less than 5 people are registered two days prior to a program, that program will be cancelled. It is essential that you register.
* Program registration sent by email will not be accepted. When calling the Nature Center to register, please give your name and daytime phone number, the name of the program(s) you wish to attend, and how many people will be attending.
* Waiting lists are kept for programs that are filled. If you are registered for a program and cannot attend, please call the Nature Center so that someone else can attend.
* Programs are open to individuals. They are not designed for organized groups. If you are interested in a program for an organized group, please call the Nature Center for information.
* All programs are FREE unless noted otherwise.
Join us Monday mornings for stories, songs and STEAM as we enjoy a summer of super exploring.
This event is designed for children ages 3 to 5, but older and younger children are welcome. All children must be accompanied by a caregiver.