June 30, 2017
Dear PACC Members and Friends,
AS THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND APPROACHES, WE WISH YOU A SAFE AND HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!
We had a very busy and eventful spring this year. Highlights of the past couple of months included the Executive Roundtable with Amb. Paul W. Jones which we co-sponsored with the ITAGC; Polish American Business Expo; City of Chicago Vendor Fair; Chicago Small Business Expo; meetings with visitors from Poland’s Ministry of Economic Development, Podkarpackie and other delegations from Poland; and networking events, including the most recent Business After Hours hosted by Up-To-Sound, Inc.
NEW PACC WEBSITE!
Also, many of you may have noticed, and we are very pleased to announce that after a very engaging construction period, we have launched a new version of our website. The new website has more state-of-the-art features and enhanced content capacity. Most importantly, we believe we will now be able to present our members in more organized and more attractive ways, and provide enhanced promotional and advertising opportunities. Please take some time to visit the website at www.polishamericanchamber.org
…and let us know if you would like to share any feedback!
Tech Tuesday Webinar Series (FREE for PACC members)
We are very pleased to announce that the PACC will be participating in the 4 MFG and Microsoft Community Connection program. The program provides educational and training resources to PACC members. Lawrence Steinert, a Microsoft Certified Partner and Small Business Specialist, will host the monthly sessions with topics critical to the success of modern business. Tech Tuesday webinars will be offered in 30 minutes over the noon hour – short but effective learning opportunities.
Tech Tuesday webinars are free and available to PACC members. Registered attendees will be entered into a drawing for a one-year subscription for Office 365-Home.
As summer matures, we look forward to a mix of networking and special events which includes the our annual opportunity to relax and savor the best of Chicago and its people while cruising along the Chicago River and the shores of Lake Michigan aboard the ‘Summer of George’ on Sunday, August 20. Please click on the image below for ticket reservations and other PACC Boat Outing 2017 information.
We also recommend the following up-coming programs that are sponsored or co-sponsored by the PACC or by PACC partners (please click on link for further details):
- City of Chicago Department of Business Affairs & Consumer Protection (BACP) free July 2017 Business Education Workshops.
- 10th Annual Hungarian Gulyas Festival (July 8 – 9, 8260 W. Foster Ave., Norridge, IL).
- European Business Networking Event (July 19, 5:30 – 7:30 PM, at Ivy Boutique Hotel, Sky Terrace, 233 E. Ontario Street, Chicago, IL).
- How to Start Your Business: Venture Series (July 10-13, 6:00 PM, SBDC at UIC office, 815 W. Van Buren, Ste. 400, Chicago, IL; registration/information: email@example.com).
- How to Build and Strengthen Your Brand Recognition (July 14, 9:30 – 11:00 AM, 121 N. LaSalle St., City Hall – Room 805, Chicago, IL).
- Tech Tuesday: Tips and Tricks on Using Excel (July 18, 12:15 – 12:45 PM; webinar: http://4mfg.com/TechTuesday).
- How to Obtain a Mobile Food Dispenser/Preparer License (July 19, 3:00 – 4:30 PM, 121 N. LaSalle St., City Hall – Room 805, Chicago, IL).
- PACC Boat Outing (August 20, 10:30 AM – 3:00 PM, Chicago River and Lake Michigan, aboard the Summer of George).
Please mark your calendars now and be on the look-out for announcements in the near future with more details regarding each of the events on our website, and on Facebook.
The PACC Secretariat